Shockwave Therapy accelerates the healing process of bones, muscles and ligaments by activating the body’s self-healing powers.
The name shockwave is misleading as there is no electrical shock given during the treatment. High-energy acoustic waves are transmitted through the surface of the skin and spread radially (spherically) into the body. The body responds with enhanced blood circulation and increased metabolic activity around the area of the pain. This enables damaged tissue to regenerate and relieves pain by producing an analgesic effect on the treatment area. Over several treatments, inflammatory response is initiated leading to vascularization and ultimately allowing healing to occur.
This accelerated healing process is particularly effective for those suffering from chronic pain where the body has been unable to heal on its own. The following injuries are commonly treated:
- Foot – Plantar Fasciitis, heel spurs & Achilles tendonitis
- Knee – Patellar tendonitis, jumper’s knee & shin pain
- Elbow – tennis or golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder – rotator cuff tendonitis & calcification
- Hip – trochanteric bursitis
- Muscles – various trigger points throughout the body and muscle tension
- Bones-Stress fractures, non union’s (delayed bone healing)
- Nerves-Morton’s Neuroma
Our office is happy to chat with you to determine if this would be an effective option for your case. Book an appointment at Clayton Heights Chiropractic and let us help you feel better!